Speak by: Laurie Halse Anderson Book Review by: Abby Bello

                                      Amazon.com: Speak: 9780312674397: Anderson, Laurie Halse: Books

 

    I am going to first say that I did not know that Speak was a book. I have always thought it was just a movie (even though I haven't seen it.) Interesting 🤔. OH also! This novel does have a very heavy topic that if I explain it all in my review it would spoil the majority of the book so I am going to try my best and go into as much detail as I possibly can. Ok now enjoy! 

   The novel Speak by: Laurie Halse Anderson follows a shy freshman girl named Melinda Sordino and her start at a new school. Being new and an awkward teenager in general Melinda finds it difficult to talk to classmates and make friends. After a life changing incident unfolds at a party she is invited to, she has to learn how to navigate her emotions alone and looses all connection with her peers. She keeps to herself most of the time until she finally wants to speak up and tell someone what actually happened that night. The author Laurie does do a great job on truly capturing how isolated and alienated Melinda felt. She truly had no one and did not know what to do or what to expect. While in this depressive state it takes Melinda on a path of self discovery and helps show her the way of finding her voice and trying to make connections with people along the way. I really enjoyed this book despite the heavy topic it is written about and have plans to watch the movie. I hope this blog wasn't confusing at all but feel free to ask questions I can clarify. 😁😁😁








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars vs Harry Potter by Henry G

Akata Warrior: A bad sequel to a bad book

The Fault In Our Stars: A review by Penny R