Snow Falling by: Jane Villanueva - Abby Bello

Snow Falling See more

You know that feeling when you're really into a TV show and you discover there's a book within the show or written about the show? That's exactly what always happens to me when I read books and I tend to gravitate towards books like this most of the time. In the TV show Jane the Virgin the main character lives a crazy life (as the TV show is based off of telenovelas)  and Snow Falling by Jane Villanueva ( the main character in this show) is the novel that she works tremendously hard to finish throughout the eight seasons this show ran for.  

Snow Falling is a romance novel and takes you back to 1900s Miami, where the main character Josephine Galena Valencia and Diego de la Vega fall head over heels for each other. I'm not entirely sure where the writers of the show or the book put the credits to the person who actually wrote this novel but it's a very well written book and really proved me wrong about the depth and plot of this book. If you have watched the show Jane the Virgin, you will notice many similarities from the show to the novel and find it very cool imagining Jane actually writing this novel and living in that alternate universe of the show. 

Although this is a romance novel and not really the type of book I usually enjoy, it really did keep me on the edge of my seat and I could not put the book down. I think I felt like this because I watched the TV show and read the same thing but in a different time period with different characters really kept me engaged with the novel. Now let me get on with the actual plot…

Snow Falling by TV show character Jane Villanueva, is about a young woman with big dreams of becoming a writer:Josephine Galena Valencia, and her love interest Diego de la Vega take on their new life together while also facing hardships of stolen identities, revenge, heartbreak, and even more. However, this does not stop their love for eachother, it only makes it stronger. Another thing I enjoy about this novel is that Josephine is herself and isn't just a damsel in distress waiting for Diego to just sweep her off her feet. She works hard and is a big hero in the plot of this book. Usually, when romance novels have the main characters as a man and a woman (most of the time they do) the stereotype that the man has to be the savior and the hero takes over and doesn't show the female lead any power or place in the novel. I also enjoy the overall encouragement in the novel. This book encourages you to chase your passions and embrace the magic of storytelling and drama. I hope you liked my blog for this week and you should totally check out the tv show Jane the Virgin and this book!! But watch the show first!!! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars vs Harry Potter by Henry G

Akata Warrior: A bad sequel to a bad book

The Fault In Our Stars: A review by Penny R