Legend by: Marie Lu Book Review!! Abby Bello


     Everyone has that special book or book series that changed the reading game for them. I feel like mine was the Legend trilogy by Marie Lu. One adventurous day in my seventh grade literature class we took a trip to the library and I decided to take a risk and check out a new book series. Before this I had never read a science fiction novel and actually enjoyed it. Legend by Marie Lu  is set in the future Los Angeles, United States that they now call the Republic. This book follows the main character June and her adventures as the youngest prodigy in their military. She is set up for success because of her family and her wealth but is also under pressure when she is sent on a mission to arrest the most wanted criminal in the slums. This is when she meets Day, the main suspect for her older brother Metias’s death. As these two fight each other for their families more things are uncovered and friendships are made but some also break. I would totally recommend this book! It isn’t the type of book to really get by reading the summary on the back of the cover but it does make you want to read more so you understand! So go read it! This series has four books and a couple graphic novels for each book!

I loved this series because of its drama and because of how detailed every page was. It was like being there and getting told everything first hand by the characters. This novel is written in both June and Day's point of view and shows how they feel about the situations they are put in and the parallels between them. I like this aspect of the novel because it shows that both sides of the story are right and have a reason for how the characters are acting. In this book it is also very hard to figure out who the real antagonist and protagonist is in the story. However, when secrets are uncovered its very obvious who the bad guy is. I am totally going to read this series again!!! Go read it!!!🤣❗❗❗❗❗💯💯💯💯🔥🔥🔥


Comments

  1. The Legend series is in my top three favorite book series of all time. The books show lots of character development while also not missing out on important settings. The books also go in to a lot of deeper morals and combined with the romance in the novels, it's just too good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book when I read it and to this day it is still my favorite dystopian novel. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Abby, Legend is also my first and forever loved dystopian series (I also came in touch with this book in seventh grade haha). I loved Marie Lu's writing in general, her stories are always so ingeniously plotted :D Anyway, thank you for this awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Idk who posted this blog, but I remember reading this book in 7th grade with a substitute teacher after our teacher quit abruptly in the middle of the year. The plot of this book is very well written, and I definitely agree with you that the detail in this book is unparalleled. I think your sentence "It was like being there and getting told everything first hand by the characters" really captures that fact.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey!! Legend is also one of my favorite dystopian series! I remember reading it in 7th grade and it got me back into reading. I love how you make sure to include how the story is told and how Marie Lu captures you into a whole new world. And I totally relate to you about how Legend changed the reading game for you, I feel the same way about the book. Great job on the review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Abby! I remember reading this book for an assignment in 7th grade, and it was my favorite book we read in class that year. However, I haven't read the entire series, which I might read in the future :) Great blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Abigail Bello, This is a very adequate blog spot blog. I have never heard of this novel you speak of: "Legend". I am excited to indulge my yearning for exquisite literature with this work of scientific fiction. Perhaps a novel like this will expand my repertoire of dystopian novels. Once again, extraordinary writing. Much appreciation!! -Leonardo Mario Romeo Rota

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars vs Harry Potter by Henry G

Akata Warrior: A bad sequel to a bad book

The Fault In Our Stars: A review by Penny R