Legend: not a review - Henry


     Despite many reviews of the dystopian novel Legend being posted already this year, even by my own blog-mate, Abby, I am still determined to finish my analysis on the Legend trilogy in reverse. Instead of telling you if I like this book or not, I am going to tell you straight up why you should read this book. I have already summarized the plot of Legend in my past two blogs so I will not be summarizing the book in this blog. If you need a summary, just read one of my past two blogs. 

    The reason why I am recommending Legend to everyone is because I genuinely think everyone would like it. Legend contains so many different elements but it also mixes it together so well. I know that many people like books with action, and this book has so many breathtaking and thrilling action scenes. In this book you will find heart racing escape scenes, thefts, and fights. Marie Lu does a great job of both describing the action and the result of the action. Legend is very realistic in the sense that the main characters are almost always injured or recovering from one. Every action scene is so exciting because Marie Lu is not afraid to tell you that someone broke their ribcage or that someone's head exploded. 

    This book, and the rest of it's trilogy, is told in a unique way. It switches point of views from the two main character's Day and June. This is a really fun way to tell the story because the reader can quickly absorb the personality and setting of each character. Even before the characters meet each other, we can get a sense of who they are. The POV switch really shows the contrast of the two characters and also shows their change when they slowly become partners in crime and lovers. It's very easy to understand both characters emotions and feelings for each other and this really connects the reader and pulls them into the story. 

    Many people also like romance novels, and this book has it too! Legend tells the story of two people from different worlds meeting and falling in love. No body expects the most wanted criminal to fall in love with a soldier hunting him down, but Marie Lu somehow made it happen. Their love story is not only unique, it is also very heartwarming. Their love story is merged with the plot and progresses with it, which makes it simpler for the reader to read. Marie Lu writes the novel in such a way where the readers feel very submerged in the plot and just want to keep reading, whether it's for the plot, the action or both.

Read this book

-Henry


Comments

  1. Hi Henry!! I remember reading Legend for 7th grade reading class and loving it. Great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Henry. It is great that you can explain in so much detail why this is such a good blog and not just say it. I might have to try the book out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog is great! I've read this book before and you said exactly what I would if trying to get someone to read it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars vs Harry Potter by Henry G

Akata Warrior: A bad sequel to a bad book

The Fault In Our Stars: A review by Penny R